Guatemala Flag

Guatemala Flag

Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 22, 2012

Hey. The weather in Ventura sounds nice right now. Here we are just getting rain and drizzle and rain and drizzle then some sun, it’s like that everyday. 
Haha pioneer bed... I’ve never heard that one. 
The primary program sounds like it went well and I’m glad it worked out good for you. 
That’s crazy they put new stuff in at marina park. I remember when I used to catch the bus down at marina park and they were putting a new set in I guess that new set is old. Weird how playground gets fixed all the time but crappy skateparks never get touched.

Time for the questions.

What type of service have you been doing this last month?
service is a really hard thing in Yalijux because the people are so simple and they are used to doing everything them self. We wanted to help cut the corn down in corn fields but everybody was like nooooo my corn is to far I don’t want u to walk out there so we never go to do that. Sometimes we help haul wood but there really isn’t much of a chance.

How was the multi zone conference?
It was good, Elder Duncan talked and he had some interesting things to say like before June they have to make 3 more missions in Central America... wonder if that will effect my mission?
 *
Did you see Elder Gunnell and any other friends while you were at the Conference?
Yes I did, he’s happy we only have 4 changes left. He’s been dealing with a difficult situation for the last 2 changes and it’s hard for him.  I have talked with him and try to help him stay positive and make the situation a better experience. Gunnell has been going a good job. Gunnell looks great right now I’ll send a foto.
Elder Asdel and Elder Gunnell


Semuc Champey is like 3 hours from Senahu but the thing is we have to rent a truck to take us. We would go through the mountains and pass through a city called Cahbon which is kind like Senahu. I can see Cahbon on top of mountains in Yalijux from there idk where to go. Yeah, it seems cool. Going to Tikal is a Peten thing and Semuc is the Coban polochic thing. So hopefully I’ll get there soon. I feel like I’d be great at planning things like this but they tell you that leaders in the mission are the ones who need to learn the most so I guess I don’t have much leadership things I need to worry about. And I’m perfectly fine with that haha.

Are the girls that went to Conference sisters or separate investigators?
They are separate but from the same greater family I’m pretty sure.

This week was a pretty empty one. I was only in Yalijux Saturday and half of Sunday. But the good thing is we have a new baptismal date for J--n-, before she didn’t want to get baptized but she was coming to church a ton. So finally we were like "so why don’t you want to get baptized? You’ve gone to church a ton." And she’s like "I do." So now we have a baptism this Saturday but idk how its going to work cause the church might be dedicated this Sunday so we might push it back a week. 
Also my comp has a change but we basically knew he would cause he was there for 7 months. So we will see Wednesday where he is off to. There are alot of rumors about what’s happening these changes but I’m not going to waste my time explaining them. I will explain them if they actually happen. So get ready for next week haha. 
The conference in Coban was good but the trip sucked. First off we got up at 1:30 am to leave for Coban so you obviously know I didn’t sleep. We drove all thru the night and then we finally get to Coban at about 7am and we were about to pull into McDonalds to get breakfast and the APs call us and tell us we aren’t aloud to go to McDonalds... everyone was mad. McDonalds was the main thing evvvveryone was looking forward to. So we get to the church and the APs are like hey how was the trip and everybody was like "Really? We are hungry!" We ended up not being able to eat until like 2pm and then when the conference was over we had like 45 mins at a mall... It was hard to get anything done. I did buy a new lighter (zippo) some batteries and other stuff I cant get in the Chic and then got some dominos. So that was good. All in all everybody was upset. But the conference was good. So yeah, that is about my whole week. My highlight was our bus driver got out to --- and I got in the driver's seat and revved the engine at like 3am. And the worst was thinking I was gunna eat McDonalds for a month and then not getting to... but what ever. 
So Wednesday I will get my new comp. Lets see who it is. Love you all and have a good week!! Oh yeah I forgot in Coban I also got like 5 boxes of good cereal like lucky charms and things like that, and two 2 liters of canada dry! hehehe
The only pictures I have this week are my comp and I getting dominos and Gunnell and I. ok byeeee



No comments:

Post a Comment