Guatemala Flag

Guatemala Flag

Sunday, December 2, 2012

November 26, 2012

Here is my email for this week, I’m gunna change it up a lil and explain my pictures a little bit more and not explain what I did every day. Well these first 3 pictures (6170, 6173,6178) are out in Tzalamila. 
We thought we should hurry and get a ride cause we saw a truck and figured it would be better than walking, which it was, but the tire popped so we had a little delay but not to much.

Tzalamila town center

 After we got there and I took a picture in the center and one in front of some cool mountains. 

After that we walked from Tzalamila to Sepalau and we taught out investigator, S-nt--go, he knows Spanish really well so it’s a little easier to teach him. He is really receptive and positive but he still hasn’t come to church. 

The next picture (6182) is just a lil pit stop on the road where they sell warm milk with rice in it and its yummy so we made a lil stop. 

My next picture is a breakfast I made that was yummy and I was planning on making it a few more times this but we ran out of gas so we were screwed. Today for p-day our main mission was refilling the gas tank and it will be another mission getting it back to Xyaal Li Hux. What is in this picture is eggs, beans, and fried platinos... idk what they are in English...maybe plantine? Ha who knows. 

The next two (6210 and 6205) are just how I dress in the day cause it’s so cold and also my sock that I walked a giant whole into. 

(6223) is my attempt of finishing my food I was making while the gas ran out... it worked. 

The next picture is me chilling on a moto above Yalijux (6236).   

haha ok now for the fun part (6269-6266) these were last night. 



I just now figured out yesterday was Thanksgiving so I guess this was my Thanksgiving feast ha. 

We were sleeping in the church last night and that was what I brought to eat ha. It was actually pretty good! 

Next (6341-6339) is my adventure down today in the morning at around 5 am... nice and cold out.


Our cattle trucks brakes went out so we had to find a new ride, luckily a truck came and I held on to the back for a few hours cause there was no room, but we made it. 

Lastly foosball, which was the most fun I’ve had in a while. Today was probably the lamest p-day but the foosball made up for it haha. 
Other than those pictures the things I haven’t wrote about is the triple wedding and a new baptismal date we have. First off the triple wedding is still going good. Today we took all the paper work for them to the places they need to be to get all the stuff ready so we are still on track. Our new date is an older man from San Pransiic. He came to church a few times and wants to get baptized (luck on our part haha). So we have been teaching him and his date is for the 14th along with the wedding.
Last Tuesday was a lil interesting, I didn’t want to sleep in a hammock in the church in San Pransiic so I arranged the church chairs and made a bed... I slept pretty good!

Tortilla in Kekchi is wa. If you can make wa with your hands its a big deal. So everybody is always like hey can you make tortillas? and I always say duhhh and they trip when I can do it. Hahaha


 So that’s all from me in caserio xya'al li hux arriba de san francisco, senahú, alta verapaz, guatemala, centro america. hehe bye love you all have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment