Guatemala Flag

Guatemala Flag

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 7, 2012


Yes!!! Tell Omar that’s a sweet mission my MTC teacher served that mission and said it was a great mission. It even has Salinas in it! My teacher was never in Salinas but he had met Roger and remembered him as a big friendly straightforward guy ha. Tell Omar he will love that mission! 
Well changes are this week and guess what. I’m leaving Peten. I’m soooooo excited to leave!!! Only one downfall cause nothing is ever perfect, I have a baptism this coming Saturday, well had... but now it’s in the hands of Elder Somers and his new comp. So yeah Osc-r is getting baptized Saturday and his dad is supppper excited. His parents go baptized about a year ago but there son Osc-r never wanted to listen to the missionaries and left to go to San Benito every weekend. Well my comp and I worked our butts off with him and now he has been going to church every Sunday and is super excited for his baptism. So tonight I’m going tell them I’m leaving and take some pictures with them. I don’t really care that much because I know I did the hard part and this Saturday is just the party haha.  Osc-r's dad will be baptizing him. 
Oh one more thing about Omar, when he gives his talk Sunday record it on some type of audio recorder and send it to me please. I’d love to hear Omar’s talk. 
Don’t worry about the short email because I’m not going to be here long. Changes are a pain in the butt. I already packed and I am going to be on a bus at 9 tomorrow night and get in the Capital right before change conference... just a big waiting game, haha. My comp is bummed about changes cause he’s scared of his new comp being lame, but he will live. I really did want to stay a 3rd change with him but whatever. It's been super hot and I hate it. I’m so excited to leave Peten... I sweat 24/7. Wake up sweating go to sleep sweating, and a shower doesn’t even help. The water used to come out cold cold but now its hooooot. Well no more of that! I’m satisfied with the work I’ve done in San Jose Peten. They say leave the area better than when you came and it was horrrrrible when we came. All the members and missionaries know it as the hardest area in Peten. Basically no members live there and the church is really far. Well we have had success and there are baptisms coming up. 
I’m going cut this email at this. I’ll buy something on my paypal card when I get to my new area and see if you can figure out where I am haha! Also I will call you on your cell phone in a few days and tell you how to call me for Mothers Day. If you have a change your allowed to call and tell a few days before. 
Elder Asdel enjoying Burger King
Oh yeah basically half of Peten is leaving Peten. I’m going to attach a picture of me eating Burger King breakfast on the Island of Flores this morning because you know I love fast food breakfast. Byeeee love you all have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment