Guatemala Flag

Guatemala Flag

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 9, 2012

Ok wow I have a ton to write and I’m going to run on like crazy just got get it all out. So here we go. First off money...who knows what I’m going to do. I have some saved up so hopefully it lasts me until I get a card. I don’t have my passport that is in the office, so I do not have an ID. You should be able to go to the DMV and ask for some sort of packet and send it to me and then I send it back. At least that is what I have heard. My new mission card should be to me by February ish so I’m hoping on that. 
Ok lets start with what’s happened. Sunday night we waited for changes. The call finally came and I didn’t have a change nor did Elder Saenz. So we were happy to have another change together! So the next day (Monday) we planned to meet up with Jeremy really early at burger king in Flores. We met him there had breakfast and got my stuff and talked. After that we went back to La Libertad. 
Then at about 11am another call comes saying Elder Asdel you have a change and Elder Saenz you need to be at the bus station at 8. You are going to the capital to bring your new comp and you will be training. So then I had to pack all my bags and be ready to leave and say bye to everybody and still use internet.... well by the time all that happened there was no time for internet... And it was pouring rain and there was no internet open so we skipped that. 
After that we left and waited for a mico bus in the rain with my bags and they were all full. Luckily a member from Santa Elena drove by and was like “Elders get in.” So we stuffed my bags and went in a tiny car.   We got to the bus station and Elder Way's comp was training too so I went with Elder Way to his area for 2 days until changes. 
With Elder Way, we had a ton of fun and had some good lessons. We also almost caught a giant black snake but it was to fast for Elder Way to grab... the thing was just chillin on our door step when we got home. On Tuesday we met up with the zls and had lunch on the island of Flores and we went to a really nice restaurant and the food was amazing! The total was suuuuuuuper expensive but Jennings  paid for almost all of it so that was nice of him. After that we did some shopping with Jennings cause it was his last day and was going home. 
After that Way and I visited a few less actives and then called it a day. That night I called Jeremy again and asked if he could take a box of stuff home for me and he’s taking that. And also on Wednesday he gave us a ride to the zl’s house to wait for changes. 
When we got to changes we just waiiiited for the phone call from the Cap to come in. While waiting I told Elder Smith that I'm bored and I’ll just be his comp and said lets go!! haha but then the call came and my comp was Elder Smith ha so then we did go! haha. 
After that we went and ate as a district. My district is Elder Bravo as district leader. Elder Eskelsen, Elder Hopkins, Elder Ceron from Mexico and my comp and I. 
After that my comp had a drs appointment and we went to the drs. Well when we got there the dr said he’s in no condition to leave so we stayed there for a few days. Now we are out but he’s still sick and gets really tired from his meds so we are taking it easy. 
Our district has Flores in it so that is where we use Internet and also Tikal is in our district and we can go without permission! woooooo we have the tourist district haha. 
Also the guy who gave us a ride from La Libertad to the bus station is in the branch here haha. And my new church building is right behind the bus station. The branch here is really big and its cool all 6 of us in the district go to church at the same time. 
The Christmas party with Pres and Sis Watts was really cool. We went and talked to people at a old peoples home and gave them gifts.... After we went and had fancy lunch on a waterfront restaurant in Flores.  Then after the lunch we watched Tangled the movie! haha hmmmmm what else...the food I ate with the zls and Way was ribs sausage steak and chicken sooooooo goood hahahha. ummm that’s everything I think haha if I’m missing anything just ask! Love you all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment